Fannie Mae Careers
Selling Guide Support Specialist III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The Selling Guide Resource (SGR) team is an inbound call service center that responds to Selling Guide inquiries coming into the 888-Fannie8 Hotline to ensure that callers have a better understanding of Fannie Mae's guidelines in order to originate credit quality mortgages. The specialists that service the Hotline are Subject Matter Experts (SME) responsible for providing general guidance to approved Fannie Mae lenders in relation to the Selling Guide for inquiries coming into the 888-Fannie8 Hotline, and/or their direct email inbox or phone line when performing the Research Analyst (RA) functions tied to this role.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Function as a National resource that provides timely assistance, primarily by phone, and support for inquiries pertaining to information within Fannie Mae's Selling Guide to both external and internal Fannie Mae customers.
- Maintain a robust, high-quality level of Seibel data entry information in order to consistently and adequately supply trending information gathered in relation to calls received (i.e., product-related, customer segments, potential business opportunities gained or lost, training needs, usage of/possible needs for variances, potential QC issues, other red flags or lenders concerns, etc.) for reporting out to various customer-facing, cross-functional areas within Fannie Mae.
- Stay abreast of and well versed on all Guide/Product changes (e.g. Announcements, Lender Letters, Publications, etc.).
- On a rotational basis, function as the SGR team's Research Analyst (RA): Review volume of calls and subject matter gathered from Siebel reports for sharing trends identified; research/elevate, as applicable, any unique or complex issues that arise to the appropriate area(s) for resolution (ie. Manager, Credit Policy and Controls, Product Development, etc.)
- Review and provide feedback on Product and DU enhancements (Draft and/or Final version) to applicable Fannie Mae functional areas.
- Maintain an acceptable response time (inbound calls and voicemails) that allows us to address as many inquiries as possible resulting in a minimal abandon rate percentage and potential lost opportunities to educate customers.
- Create and distribute Internal and External customer service related surveys to monitor the level of quality, satisfaction and success of the services provided by way of the SGR team as a means to identify any area(s): process improvement, success to be continued and/or enhanced and reduction of potential missed opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
- Qualified candidates must have recent originations underwriting experience.
- Expert familiarity of Fannie Mae Selling Guide.
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to quickly understand complex problems and scenarios and recommend solutions.
- Strong organizational skills, teamwork driven and customer/results oriented.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56099