Fannie Mae Careers
Director - ERM SF Servicer Oversight
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Plan and direct the work of a team whose staff provides oversight for over 1,400 SF Servicers who manage Fannie Mae’s book of 17M loans/$2.9T in balance. Proactively review all initiatives related to servicer oversight, which includes providing consultative feedback to business as new servicer initiatives are pursued.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform oversight and monitoring of the strategies deployed by the business for risk management and servicing transfers.
- Evaluate risks and provide recommendations on 1st line’s servicer oversight initiatives.
- Report and communicate results of oversight activities.
- Provide effective people management, coaching, and mentoring.
- Collaborate closely with the business to ensure effective risk management.
- Lead or provide subject matter expertise on cross-functional projects or efforts.
- Review business risk policy exceptions and significant new risks.
- Engage in review of resolution agreements with servicers.
- Participate in relevant meetings and committees.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 5+ years of prior experience in mortgage servicing
- 3+ years of previous managerial experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Innovative, self-motivated, decisive, independent thinker
- Highly collaborative and works well on a team
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills to support servicer oversight
- Demonstrated ability to review/analyze complex data and to exercise judgment in solving problems
- Manage human capital effectively including recruiting, goal setting, performance management, and succession planning
- Understanding of legal, regulatory compliance, and risk governance frameworks (including the three lines of defense framework)
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56097