Fannie Mae Careers
Dev Ops Engineer III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Assess, design, develop enterprise continuous integration/delivery framework enabling enterprise-wide adoption of DevOps. Work with the project team members and have the direct interaction with various client and vendor resources to maintain client application release and source code including all source code that is, or will be, implemented in a production environment; scripts that install, configure, or monitor any applications in production environments; and application configuration information.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Building a release pipeline to enable fast, but safe delivery of critical business software to Production
- Leading technical design and direction across multiple platforms and tools.
- Developing DevOps framework and implement standards, processes, and controls for release and deployment activities
- Develop sound version control best practices based CM systems (Clearcase, SVN, GIT , etc.), including branching and merging strategies
- Automate the build and deployment of an n-tier enterprise system application with multiple underlying technologies (Java, Oracle, informatica, TIBCO, Salesforce) and technology frameworks in an interop environment.
- Architect and develop best practices for software build tools (Maven, ANT, Shell ) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Hudson), and infrastructure automation (VM Ware, Puppet, Chef, etc)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- 8 to 10 years of relevant experience in software configuration management and software development in a large enterprise
- Experienced, enthusiastic, and innovative engineer with expertise in DevOps practices and tools
- Expertise in Web, SOA and Cloud application architecture and related technologies
- Proven prior experience in leading and implementing continuous delivery and DevOps engineering practices to accelerate delivery
- Proficiency with Container Management Platforms such as Red Hat Open Shift
- Expert skills in continuous integration tools – Jenkins, SVN, Git, Maven, Gradle, Nexus or similar
- Expert skills in one deployment and release automation tools such as Urban Code Deploy/Release, XL Deploy/Release or similar
- Hands on experience in implementing infrastructure as code for AWS platform using CloudFormation, OpsWorks, Terraform or similar
- Exposure to configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Strong operation experience in Linux environment and proficient in two or more scripting languages – Shell, Groovy, Python, Ruby and Perl
- Proficient in Oracle and pgSQL RDBMS and any NoSQL databases
- Passion for continuous improvement with strong technical skills and ability to drive initiatives to automate manual process
- Experience working in fast paced agile development environment
- Experience with SAFe methodology is a plus
- Certification in AWS is preferred
- Exposure to Docker is a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56093