Fannie Mae Careers
Senior Solutions Architect
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Plan and design methods for the optimization and integration of various forms of technology systems or policies and high level principals. Apply varied engineering and design theories to produce robust, integrated functioning of various systems, technology interfaces, and/or overarching information policies and high level principles. Assess functioning of overall technology and communications systems and end-to-end processes and to look for ways to upgrade and optimize systems and processes in the future. Work across the architecture and technology organization to ensure effective implementation, architecture compliance and conflict resolution. May participate in projects to upgrade or install workstations, networks, or software, or to assess and optimize overall functioning of technology, data and processes.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- May serve as lead or technical expert to define and maintain the architectural frameworks/patterns, processes, standards and guidelines related to systems, business or data architecture.
- Define core and support technology, data entities, business functions and/or subject areas that transcend organizational and functional boundaries.
- Provide technical and architectural subject matter expertise to the various development teams including communicating architectural decisions and mentoring other technical staff around the various development technologies and decisions.
- Identify core common data shared across the enterprise and participate in enterprise wide efforts to reach common understanding of those data.
- May serve as lead, technical expert or project manager to team(s) concerned with development, networking and/or project management to coordinate changes and support enterprise technology initiatives.
- Conduct studies of new technologies to provide more efficient and cost effective architecture solutions
- Oversee multiple projects in order to preserve the architectural vision and protect stakeholder interests as well as to meeet operational and financial reporting requirements
- Confer with business units and application development staff to understand both the business and technical requirements and to define architectural constraints
- Create performance metrics and traceability maps to determine the effectiveness of architecture solutions and facilitate governance. Keep abreast of relevant architecture best practices.
- May review work of other team members and mentor junior architects
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Enterprise Architecture delivers blueprints for new solutions and for the renovation or re-placement of existing solutions. EA also guides overall IT architectural strategy by setting enterprise-wide principles and standards and works with business and other IT groups to achieve the objectives of the business.
- Portfolio Architects lead each business portfolio's architectural work and employ a small staff of Solution Architects to work closely with business, operations and technology stakeholders to collaboratively examine needs, options and constraints and recommend a solution blueprint and roadmap that best fits those inputs.
- As a Senior Solution Architect on the Multifamily Portfolio Architecture team, you will be working closely with Business, Operations and Technology leaders as well as Business Architects, InfoSec Architects and Multifamily Technology staff to develop blueprints across several different business capabilities within the portfolio. You will also be responsible for giving back to the enterprise by improving and/or developing reusable architectural patterns and guidelines, addressing EA-sponsored initiatives and advancing architecture and technical practices within the Portfolio and across Fannie Mae
- Deep experience in developing and accessing Solution Architectures across a broad spectrum of business domains and technologies.
- Experience in creating solutions leveraging event-driven architectures
- Experience in identifying and assessing options in the context of enterprise standards and specific business needs
- Experience in architecting with and moving legacy solutions to cloud-native architectures on AWS
- Strong background in software development and deliver covering at least 10 years across a variety of business domains and technology stacks.
- Following that, 5 or more years of experience in the development of Solution Architectures with proven ability to work closely with stakeholders at all levels (executive through developer) across business, operations and technology roles.
- Very strong written and verbal communications skills, excellent facilitation skills and the ability to work through contentious issues where stakeholders are not aligned.
- Demonstrable experience in complex financial or related domains, commercial and/or residential mortgage background would be nice to have.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56089