Fannie Mae Careers
Director Quantitative Modeling Programs
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Plan and direct the work of a unit whose staff support, develop, assess, and execute statistical, mathematical, economic, and financial models for business decision making, risk assessment, financial valuation, and performance measurement in all areas of mortgage finance business.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead theoretical and empirical research projects using public and proprietary data in all areas of mortgage finance business, including mortgage products and securities, borrower behavior, investment and hedging strategies, residential property valuation, macroeconomic models including housing prices and interest rates, financial valuation of finance assets and derivatives, economic capital, and stress testing. Report to senior management on the unit's production, activities, and efforts.
- Apply expertise in mathematical, statistical, and econometric techniques balanced with sound business judgment to set strategic research direction for a team of quantitative analysts to identify and deliver innovative, thorough, and practical solutions to support business strategies and initiatives.
- Provide leadership to promote and pursue opportunities to apply quantitative methods to improve business performance. Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Link company strategic objectives and business context to modeling activities to effectively prioritize resources, set modeling objectives, interpret results, monitor performance and assess risks
- Ensure modeling projects are conducted in accordance with established company policies and generally-accepted modeling practices
- Serve as a lead for complex project. Develop and implement validation strategies and assess the quality and risk of model methodologies, outputs, and processes and provide guidance and supervision in execution.
- Communicate technical subject matter clearly and concisely, both verbally and through written communication via white papers, review reports and presentations, to individuals from various backgrounds and levels.
- Work autonomously guiding teams, choosing projects, and often act as SME resource across departments or as an in-house-expert. Coach junior team members.
- Work closely with highly specialized subject matter experts across lines of business. Build relationships across the organization by partnering with peers and senior leaders throughout the company.
- Master's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Advanced econometric and statistical analysis knowledge including time series, panel data, discrete event modeling. Master or PhD in quantitative disciplines preferred, such as Economics, Finance, Mathematics, and Physics.
- Experience in leading model development or validation activities in mortgage performance modeling, property and financial asset valuation modeling are preferred.
- Business knowledge on mortgage industry and Fannie Mae's operation is preferred.
- Familiar with general model risk management requirements from regulators. Experience in end-to-end model risk management for a complex modeling area is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a group of reviewers or independently complete a complex modeling or model review project from the beginning to the end with minimal supervision from manager.
- Excellent written and oral communication skill in delivering complex technical information to audience with various background.
- Excellent and proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to present clearly modeling related topics to business users of models and senior management.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56087