Fannie Mae Careers
Software Engineer Manager - Single Family
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Our Single-Family team in Reston, VA is looking for a Software Engineer Manager that will be part of leading the most important digital transformation at Fannie Mae. You will be working on one of the most critical applications called Desktop Underwriter and helping to redesign and rebuild the platform as well as be part of moving the entire platform to AWS. You will be responsible for leading a team of professionals who work within the project using Java technologies, modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. You will be a leader or play a lead technical role in development teams’ efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Assess high level design issues relating to platform, enterprise software, and interactions with other systems.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collaborating with Product and Program Managers to develop a long-term roadmap with achievable estimates; ensuring software engineering priorities are included within the roadmap.
- Working closely with software engineers and other engineering managers to architect, develop and deliver the best solutions.
- Guide project’s roadmap, lending expertise and strategic thinking to ensure business alignment.
- Coordinate and administer assignments, monitor team progress, and maintain schedules. Develop team members and provide ongoing professional guidance and direction.
- Provide expertise for teams in all matters related to deployment, building and release process.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives where needed.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features. May serve as architect or project lead in course of large or complex project.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required.
- 6+ years of experience leading or managing software delivery teams.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring seasoned technology staff with at least 3 years of experience in an Agile/SAFe environment.
- Effective in communicating issues, risks, and accomplishments to business stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Full Software Development Lifecycle experience, in mission critical and complex strategic initiatives.
- Experience with cloud implementation, preferably using AWS.
- Experience in mortgage loan originations domain is a plus.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56056