Fannie Mae Careers
Project Manager II
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Under limited supervision, plan, manage, and execute varied software development, customization, or IT systems development projects. Gather information at front end to determine project parameters and specifications, and to budget human, financial and other resources. May provide technical oversight to some staff and track attainment of project milestones. Report on progress and budget expenditures to project owners.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Meet with application owners, application developers and analysts, coding staff and the like to determine business needs and functionalities desired for new or revised application.
- Plan course of projects, including milestones, resources needed in the form of staff hours, budget, use of technology and tools and document in project plan, following established project management methodology.
- Track course of project from meetings, conferring with developers, and receiving reports. Update project plan as needed. Document changes to scope or functionalities with change ticket, project plan, or other format.
- Assess compliance of development process with accepted methodology and communicate to responsible managers or staff. Document exceptions or deviations as needed. Convene meetings and plan agenda to ensure important issues are aired and resolved.
- Report on progress of project, use of staff, $ expenditures, progress on milestones and the like to application owners.
- Provide guidance to project staff. May plan, document, manage and evaluate staff performance, or contribute to evaluation by their managers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
- Prior experience as a Project Manager
- Must have strong analytic and financial management skills
- Demonstrated ability for cross-functional collaboration and influencing stakeholders
- Ability to manage ambiguity to develop clarity and deliver results
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of the primary and secondary mortgage originations industry
- Familiarity with Lean management and Agile development practices
- PMP certification
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56047