Fannie Mae Careers
Software Engineer II
Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or
infrastructure units. Collaborate with subject matter experts in those units to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Participate in some or all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Java developer, who can develop code by working with key stakeholders and development team members to determine new features and user stories.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision.
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Intermediate proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, etc).
- Intermediate proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 5+ years of related experience
- Java development experience with some of these integration technologies i.e., Apache Camel, Spring Boot, Fuse ESB, node.js.
- Some proficient in one of the data integrations tools like Apache Spark, Databricks or Kafka.
- Some proficient in one of the databases like Oracle 12c or DB2 11.0
- Exposure in AWS cloud implementations.
- Exposure to any of these tools is a plus, Splunk, Cloudwatch, Tableau or SAS
Req ID: 56028