Fannie Mae Careers
Cloud Security Engineer III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Design and implement systems and procedures to sustain the security, integrity, and availability of the organization's data. Assess risk of exposure of proprietary data through weaknesses in platforms, access procedures, and forms of access to the organization's systems and the data contained in them. Track security violations and identify trends or exposures that could be addressed by additional training, technical measures, or use of application tools to enhance security. May participate in simulated attacks or security violations to assess the organization's data security measures.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead platform or operating system vulnerability scans that assess exposure of system to attacks or hacking. Monitor Security Operations pager and respond to issues of potential viral activity, spam, phishing, etc.
- Administer controls and review their application to ensure that system's controls, policies, and procedures are operating effectively relative to the predicted effectiveness of the controls.
- Investigate events or incidents of apparent security breaches, report to appropriate authorities using corporate procedures, and recommend or plan remedial activities.
- Confer and collaborate with internal and external auditors to ensure that appropriate controls are installed, operating properly, and being monitored and reported.
- May plan and/or conduct tests of the core infrastructure and the contingency environment for critical business applications to ensure business continuity in the event of a computer security incident.
- Analyze metrics of operation of security controls, as well as apparent attacks, breaches, and other pertinent data; identify trends and recommend a data-driven course of action
- Plan and manage projects designed to test defenses against hacking, denial of service, spam, break-ins, or similar attacks. Provide guidance to infrastructure or application staff participating in exercise.
- Lead development and/or implementation of new methodologies or tools that could be adopted to enhance security of platforms, infrastructure, or access to data.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- Experience in Hybrid Cloud Architectures, Cloud brokering solutions or Cloud Management Solutions for Public/Private Cloud
- Experience with Infrastructure Security Automation, Infrastructure capacity monitoring and automated scaling solutions
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes orchestration, administration and troubleshooting
- Experience with building security in Software Defined Architecture experience in implementing Software Defined Network(SDN), Software Defined Storage (SDS), Software Defined Compute (SDC)
- Working in Enterprise DevSecOps model - Automation of security integration with application code deployment (Jenkins, Maven, Git, Nexus etc)
- Experience with automation/management frameworks (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack)
- Linux Expert level and experience in Scripting Python, Perl, Bash
- Experience in designing and building Software Defined Infrastructure solutions utilizing Hyper converged platforms
- VMware Private Cloud software stack experience involving NSX, VSAN, VRealize Suite of products like VRA, VRO
- Strong understanding VXLAN, VMware NSX
- Security minded with experience with GIT, Twistlock or Aqua, and Nexus SonaType.
- Applicable security certifications desired; CISSP, CEH, GIAC, GSEC, or CSSLP or advanced degree in InfoSec.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior Financial Services and consulting experience a plus.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56017