Fannie Mae Careers
Multifamily Credit Risk Analyst II - LIHTC
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Assist with the analysis, monitoring and management of Multifamily products, assets, and mitigate Multifamily credit risk, specifically for Low Income Housing Tax Credit. Facilitate data gathering, financial analysis and use of reports to communicate business unit activities to Multifamily' stakeholders, including responses to lender requests. Support the development, implementation and maintenance of Multifamily credit risk standards, policies and procedures. Apply uses and applications of the Multifamily Seller Servicer Guide (MSSG) policies in communications with counterparties.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Multifamily market including; DUS model, products, real estate finance, transactions and structures, legal contracts, loan documents, property/ collateral valuation, cap rates, credit, regional markets.
- Appropriately references the Multifamily Seller Servicer Guide (MSSG) policies, uses and applications.
- Analyze Multifamily portfolio data, counterparties, markets, loan terms, financial statements, cash flows and loss calculations. Identify trends and draw reasonable conclusions from examination of data and other sources of information.
- Ability to navigate multiple systems, manage data and create reports. Ensure data quality and integrity. Independently resolve issues to mitigate risk. Improve processes to monitor and communicate credit risk.
- Support non-routine project-based work including regulatory and internal audit activities.
- Actively focus upon personal development aligned with Fannie Mae leadership criteria for associates and in context of business unit goals. Position requires sharing information within team to facilitate business objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
- 4 years related experience preferred
- BS in Business Administration, Finance, or Economics preferred
- Knowledge of Asset Management for Equity, Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) and Multifamily Structured transactions
- Familiar with LIHTC market participants, preferred
- Knowledge of associated risks for equity and LIHTC investments and debt structures
- Customer relationship management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively within the team; self-motivated
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56003