Fannie Mae Careers
Security Engineer I
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Design and implement systems and procedures to sustain the security, integrity, and availability of the organization's data. Assess risk of exposure of proprietary data through weaknesses in platforms, access procedures, and forms of access to the organization's systems and the data contained in them. Track security violations and identify trends or exposures that could be addressed by additional training, technical measures, or use of application tools to enhance security. May participate in simulated attacks or security violations to assess the organization's data security measures.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Administer controls and review their application to ensure that system's controls, policies, and procedures are operating effectively relative to the predicted effectiveness of the controls.
- Develop automation and deployment utilities using Shell, Ruby, Perl, Python, etc.
- Aggregate metrics of operation of security controls, as well as apparent attacks, breaches, and other pertinent data; track trends and prepare for periodic security reports.
- Participate in projects designed to test defenses against hacking, denial of service, spam, break-ins, or similar attacks. May provide guidance to infrastructure or application staff participating in exercise.
- Examine and/or test new methodologies or tools that could be adopted to enhance security of platforms, infrastructure, or access to data.
- Understand threat agents, attack vectors, and attack patterns as well as compensating controls and design patterns needed to mitigate risk
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
- Good experience in various Unix OS flavors, specifically Linux
- Good understanding of VMware Virtualization technologies, AWS Cloud , Azure
- Works under the supervision and guidance of more experienced team members
- Coordinate all aspects of a release lifecycle including development and test activities
- Acts as key participant in coordinating releases/deployment of code through different environments (Development, Test, Staging, UAT, Production)
- Developing DevOps framework and implement standards, processes, and controls for release and deployment activities
- Assist in developing best practices for infrastructure as code (e.g. Puppet, Shell scripting)
- Capable of handling a variety of priorities and deliverables in an operational, interruption driven environment with minimal guidance or supervision.
- Owns working with Principal engineers and Analysts towards the development and upkeep of runbooks.
- Work is executed without much direction. Exerts significant latitude in determining objectives of assignment. Will provide guidance to staff. Will act as subject matter expert in various technologies.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55998