Fannie Mae Careers
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
As part of the Securities and Treasury Accounting team, the Accountant III will apply comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles, concepts, practices, and standards in performing complex duties related to preparing and analyzing financial information to record transactions, prepare reports, and review and verify accuracy. Work with consultants, auditors, and others to analyze and provide information on operational, reporting, or system impact related to policy changes and new products. Contribute to special projects. May train staff.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Compile, review, analyze, and record financial information to the general ledger. Complete monthly closings.
- Prepare balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements, and other accounting schedules and reports.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliations to ensure general ledger account information is accurate, consistent, traceable, and auditable.
- Execute and manage timely, accurate transactions.
- Identify control weaknesses, communicate to management, and participate in making remedial changes to tighten and enhance controls.
- Design and produce reports.
- Conduct research and analyses.
- Provide requested information to auditors, consultants, and others on significant matters requiring coordination.
- May design, modify, install, and/or maintain accounting systems to ensure adequate recognition of financial transactions.
- May perform moderately complex accounting projects or participate as a team member on highly complex projects.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- CPA preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, and/or Business Administration with concentration in Finance or Accounting
- Experience with monthly accounting close preferred
- Strong analytical skills and experience simplifying large data sets using Excel, particularly with pivot tables and VLOOKUP functions required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate with colleagues across the organization
- Willingness and ability to adapt to changes in priorities, assignments, and processes
- Knowledge of SimCorp Platform desired
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55982