Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The Product Owner (PO) is the member of the team responsible for defining and prioritizing the product backlog, so as to streamline the execution of program priorities, while maintaining conceptual and technical integrity of the features or components that the team is responsible for. For the features and stories in the backlog, PO defines measurable customer focused objectives.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- End to end responsibility for a medium complexity product or major capability within a highly complex product
- Communicates committed stories for the upcoming sprint to backlog owners and stakeholders; and conducts sprint reviews to story owners and stakeholders to ensure the user story intent has been met.
- Formally and/or informally leads cross functional work cell (squad)
- Establishes backlog of product features. Continuously grooms the product backlog. Writes user stories and acceptance criteria in collaboration with the team. Accepts completed user stories
- Medium complexity product or capability
- Engages users, customers and stakeholders to validate product features. Works with key stakeholders to define customer testing and rollout approach
- Manages cross-squad dependencies within or across products
- Engages with SIM to select customers for testing
- Establishes product metrics, capability metrics and/or release metrics
- May have budget/roadmap responsibility for a medium complexity product
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Drive the development of the product strategy for Capital Markets applications
- Collaborate with Capital Markets stakeholders to prioritize development roadmap
- Author user stories and ensure delivery of stakeholder requirements
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55933