Fannie Mae Careers
Internal Investigator IV
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Utilize broad expertise or unique knowledge in leading and performing assignments related to planning, conducting, and documenting inquiries into allegations or appearance of conduct violating laws, regulations, or corporate standards. Interpret documents and provide value-added expertise. Exercise independent judgment in conducting research and determining methods and procedures on new or special assignments. May operate in a lead or supervisory role.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conduct difficult investigations of suspected or alleged violations of the firm's Code of Business Conduct, company policies, or laws or regulations concerning criminal and/or civil investigations, fraud, proprietary properties, or computer crimes.
- Act as internal consultant for Investigations staff and cross-functional teams and externally with customers. Study highly complex data. Present insights and learning. Advise management of significant findings.
- Personally conduct important investigations requiring application of new approaches in the field. Implement optimum solutions considering policies and current regulations.
- Maintain liaison with Legal, Internal Audit, Human Resources, and with local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies to achieve maximum results that support business efforts.
- Design, develop, and maintain processes to track, monitor, and report activities. Evaluate results. Present insights and best practices.
- Analyze and evaluate investigative progress to reassess priorities, leads, and direction.
- May render expert testimony before grand juries, courts, and administrative hearings.
- Juris Doctorate or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
- 2+ years' experience in a corporate or government compliance-related field, including internal or external investigative work preferred.
- Relevant work within a top financial institution, law firm or accounting firm dealing with corporate compliance and business practice investigations/adjudications, employment law, and/or ethics; or experience in a government investigation office such as an inspector general's office.
- Strong writing skills with ability to write investigative decisions clearly, accurately and analytically to support detailed findings.
- Accomplished and effective interviewing and fact-finding skills.
- Familiarity with statutory and regulatory corporate business and compliance requirements, in addition to equal employment opportunity and civil rights laws.
- Innovative, critical and practical thinker with the knowledge and ability to:
- Address and resolve complex, varied, and sensitive legal and corporate policy issues;
- Analyze and enforce corporate policies, rules, and practices;
- Research and apply precedent for internal corporate enforcement and disciplinary actions; and
- Identify, propose, and use the most effective approaches to solving workplace disputes and claims internally.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55928