Fannie Mae Careers
Emergency Preparedness Specialist II
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Under management director, support the corporate Safety and Security program, specifically the Emergency Preparedness and Response Program. Participate in the overall planning, directing and organizing activities of the program and ensure their effective operation. Recommend the business strategies associated with the Safety and Security function of the Corporation. Develop and implement policies, procedures and systems required for coordinating, maintaining and enhancing the overall Safety and Security mission.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage Safety & Security projects as required to ensure the readiness of business and technology teams. Facilitate work sessions, exercises and discussions with business and technology teams and oversee follow up activities.
- Monitor progress and trending of emergency preparedness activities. Prepare management reports and identify positive or negative trending. Track, analyze and report business resiliency metrics and prepare management dashboards.
- Support and maintain emergency preparedness tools, systems and data repositories. Provide customer support and guidance in the use of emergency preparedness tools.
- As a subject matter expert, plans and executes emergency action drills and exercises. Provides guidance and support to business units to ensure all emergency preparedness activities are understood and executed.
- With management direction, ensures adequate and qualified Emergency Response Team (ERT) staffing levels.
- Develops and maintains liaison with Fannie Mae partners and benchmarks with external resources to implement best practices.
- Develops liaison with fire, EMS and police to provide on-site training opportunities and ensure quick and efficient response to Fannie Mae properties.
- Conducts evacuation after-action debriefs to identify potential or actual weaknesses and communicates findings.
- Engages with building landlords to enhance, encourage and promote a safe work environment.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
- Experience incorporating best practices for emergency action procedures, including evacuation and shelter in place in accordance with OSHA standards is required.
- Experience advancing emergency preparedness and general safety awareness in a corporate setting is required. Strong presentation skills are required.
- Prior experience collaborating with cross functional teams and has external liaison skills.
- Job is based in Reston, VA. Will do some travel to Fannie Mae offices in Northern Virginia, Washington, DC and Maryland. May do overnight travel to regional offices as needed
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55900