Fannie Mae Careers
Dev Ops Engineer I
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Assess, design, develop enterprise continuous integration/delivery framework enabling enterprise-wide adoption of DevOps. Work with the project team members and have the direct interaction with various client and vendor resources to maintain client application release and source code including all source code that is, or will be, implemented in a production environment; scripts that install, configure, or monitor any applications in production environments; and application configuration information.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Building a release pipeline to enable fast, but safe delivery of critical business software to Production
- Developing DevOps framework and implement standards, processes, and controls for release and deployment activities
- Develop sound version control best practices based CM systems (Clearcase, SVN, GIT , etc.), including branching and merging strategies
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Leverage programming Languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl and Java
- Set up and configure a continuous integration environment.
- Architect and develop best practices for software build tools (Maven, ANT, Shell ) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Hudson), and infrastructure automation (VM Ware, Puppet, Chef, etc)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
- Expertise in Cloud architecture and technologies
- Experience with AWS services and Containers
- Proficient in CI/CD practices and tools - SVN/Git, Jenkins, Maven/Graddle, Nexus or similar
- Expertise in configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Proficient in Unix/Linux, shell scripting and system administration
- Proficient in infrastructure provisioning, monitoring and performance management
- Strong scripting skills in Python, Ruby, Perl or similar
- Proficient in Oracle RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Experience working in a fast paced agile development environment
- Excellent problem solving skills
Req ID: 55897