Fannie Mae Careers
Audit Project Manager
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Internal Audit Team Leads assist with planning, executing and reporting financial, operational and compliance related audits/projects to facilitate compliance with federal laws, corporate standards and generally accepted accounting principals. Internal Audit Team Leads serve as the day-to-day project manager for one or more audit projects and provide project guidance and informal coaching to Senior Internal Auditors and Internal Auditors as needed. Internal Audit Team Leads are expected to fully demonstrate generalized knowledge of the mortgage industry and Fannie Mae's business operations. They should also demonstrate specialized functional area expertise in one or more areas.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Successfully perform all key job functions of the Senior Internal Auditor role at a higher level of complexity, scope and autonomy.
- Assist with coordinating and administering assignments, monitoring audit team progress and managing budgets and schedules. Serve as day-to-day project leader for audits ensuring projects are completed on-time and within scope and budget.
- Identify risks and assess potential impact of risks on the organization; use a risk-based approach to develop and adjust audit plans as appropriate and determine areas requiring additional analysis. Review and finalize staff work papers and deliverables with Internal Audit Manager/Director. Review and finalize audit reports with Internal Audit Manager/Director.
- Track results of prior audits and facilitate appropriate corrective action. Continually strengthen and improve the governance, risk and control environment of the organization acting as a key driver of change within Internal Audit and across the organization.
- Provide day-to-day project management oversight of Internal Auditors and Senior Internal Auditors (including project guidance and informal coaching). Conduct first level review of Internal Auditor and Senior Internal Auditor work and documentation; leverage Internal Audit Manager/Director guidance as needed. Communicate project team and audit objectives; inspire and motivate team members to achieve results.
- Build and maintain relationships with business partners at the manager and staff levels. Provide advice and share Internal Audit knowledge with business partner managers and staff to strengthen governance, risk and control environments, as appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
- Assist with quarterly and annual risk assessment process and drafting initial audit plan. Document details of planning meetings. Contribute to the development and maintenance of risk-based audit plans.
- Assist with the maintenance of the Internal Audit methodologies and related templates that adhere to the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), regulatory agency guidance, and industry best practices.
- Assist with tracking results of audits, MRA’s and any control deficiencies, identifying themes across organizations and determining if appropriate corrective action has been taken regarding significant audit concerns.
- Build and maintain relationships with business partners at the manager and staff levels.
- Strong critical thinking and data analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively apply judgement to reach appropriately reasoned conclusions.
- Knowledge of COSO for ERM
- The following certifications are preferred but not required: CPA or CIA
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55896