Fannie Mae Careers
Senior Production Support Engineer (Cloud/AWS)
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Reporting to a director within the Production Support department, collaborates with multiple application and infrastructure teams on a broad range of initiatives including Cloud adoption, Storage Management, Technical Resiliency, Automation, DevOps etc. Partners various teams (internal and 3rd party) in identifying options, driving reviews and detailed analysis, developing solutions, providing technical direction, and influencing adoption of preferred alternatives. Evaluates, analyzes, and leads the adoption of tools and process changes that increase departmental efficiency and application reliability.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Utilizes extensive technical knowledge and excellent communication skills to ensure projects and tasks are completed on time and lead team members to excellence.
- Lead and support complex troubleshooting efforts across various technologies and services across a broad spectrum of applications. The issues in scope will typically have impacts at a portfolio or enterprise level.
- Influence Senior Support engineers to address their technical hurdles and challenges in supporting a broad range of applications.
- Partner with application development teams to actively understand their development and technology stacks, application architecture, infrastructure requirements and identify the gaps in their implementations.
- Lead application technology roadmaps, testing and proof of concepts, and solution validation. Participate in system design improvements and performance enhancements.
- Translate production support non-functional requirements into implementation stories and tasks for development teams.
- Collaborate with application development teams in order to make design, data and content management decisions as appropriate. May collaborate with Agile Software Architects, Product Owners or teams to scope and estimate costs for Production Support participation.
- Participate in the Scrum teams, retrospective meetings and sprint planning sessions. Activities in scope would include design reviews, sharing and reviewing relevant non-functional requirements, testing of capabilities etc.
- Mentor and educate other team members on best practices, approaches, and techniques associated with various development methodologies.
- Continuously share best practices and improve processes across the various portfolios' teams including the implementation of automation capabilities Ensure efficient use of CI/CD processes and tools with special attention to characteristics like reuse, scalability, resilience and performance of the migration solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- Broad experience and knowledge of the AWS platform, AWS Certification preferred.
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes and container orchestration.
- Solid knowledge of AWS platform and its services - including but not limited to: AMIs, Route53, VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, AWS CLI, EBS, ELB, SQS, Cloud Watch, Cloudtrail.
- Administration of web servers running Apache, Tomcat, IIS, Nginx.
- Networking including DNS, certificate management, load balancing, firewalls and routing.
- Broad experience with software-defined and traditional networking.
- Strong understanding of Linux, including experience with server administration, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Broad experience with IaaS and PaaS.
- Broad experience building cloud infrastructure using infrastructure-as-code tools like AWS CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Exceptional problem solving
- Excellent communications and collaboration skills required to develop required security policies
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55894