Fannie Mae Careers
Salesforce Solutions Architect
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The Salesforce Center of Excellence (COE) hiring for this position is a dynamic team supporting the rapid growth of Salesforce across Fannie Mae. The COE interacts with internal business and technical teams, as well as outside vendors, to promote the best use of the Salesforce platform and develop internal talent. Our consultants are trusted advisors and help teams solve business and technology challenges related to their Salesforce initiatives.
Provide Salesforce.com solution/functional expertize as part of Salesforce COE. Collaborate with various internal technology groups, business units and vendors to assist with strategy, solutioning, roadmap, patterns and best practices.
Assess high level design issues relating to platform, enterprise software, and interactions with other systems.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in large/complex development projects
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- May respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- May serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives
- Mentor or provide technical guidance to less experienced staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Promote Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features. May serve as technical lead, architect, project lead or principle developer in course of large or complex project.
- Expert proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, etc).
- Expert proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis. Expert proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions. Expert proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc. Expert proficiency in advanced behavior-driven testing techniques. Provide expertise for teams in all matters related to deployment, building and release process.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Hands on experience with Salesforce proof of concepts
- Proficient in Sales and Service Cloud features
- Experience with Salesforce administration (Security settings, user management, identify and access management and 3rd party products).
- Strong consulting skills; ability to collaborate with architects, developers and business
- COE/Governance experience highly desired
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related scientific or technical discipline highly preferred
- Desired certifications: Salesforce Certified Administrator and/or Salesforce Certified Sales Cloud Consultant and/or Salesforce Certified Service Cloud Consultant
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55880