Fannie Mae Careers
Business Architect III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Assess and document high level existing business processes and functional needs across the enterprise. Work with the customers and other enterprise architects to formulate policies and plans that support the enterprise goals, implement efficient business processes and leverage use of existing IT assets. .Align strategic goals and objectives with key business and IT initiatives. Work to develop an integrated view of the enterprise using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, industry standard techniques and best practices.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop business architecture strategy based on business needs, reference model and chosen enterprise architecture framework. Apply a structured and systematic approach to capture high level views of the enterprise business model and processes in current state business architecture. Create optimized high level views of enterprise business model and processes in target state business architecture. Align artifacts and approach with broader architecture vision.
- Partner with business stewards to define performance metrics for target business architectures.
- Promote and educate stakeholders on the use and value of optimized business architecture.
- Provide business architecture guidance, support, and share decision ramifications to business and other enterprise architecture teams.
- Participate in local governance councils to ensure optimization of IT investments and best fit within target state architecture.
- Evaluate the impact of enterprise architecture work and services on IT investments, business operations, and customer fulfillment.
- Create performance metrics and traceability maps to determine the effectiveness of business architecture and facilitate governance.
- Partner with other departments to identify opportunities for enhanced efficiency in strategic and tactical efforts. Review and assess proposed or current projects for adherence to architecture standards. Confer with business units and application development staff to understand the business requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- Business architecture experience and governance of business architecture artifacts
- Experience in analyzing complex enterprise issues
- Experience in communicating meaningful and informative messages to management and stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Knowledge of the enterprise and the functions it performs
- Extensive attention to detail and demonstrating consistent quality products
- Extensive experience collaborating and building working partnerships across the enterprise.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55878