Fannie Mae Careers
Product Development Manager - Financial Services (Junior Level)
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collaborate in developing and defining business requirements for mortgage products. Conduct research and analyses. Assess market needs and opportunities. Maintain industry relations and coordinate response on relevant industry developments.
- Support product development. Define scope, project management plans, and issues and risks. Ensure timely and effective product delivery and deployment.
- Establish, maintain, and adhere to appropriate compliance and controls related to product development.
- Create monthly investor reports and manage third party requests.
- Test products. Ensure that products and product enhancements yield expected business results.
- Support investor and vendor implementations and needs.
- Educate customers. Provide strategic product expertise and guidance. Create, edit, and review product documentation, FAQs, and other reference materials for internal and external audiences. May train internal staff.
- Prepare and/or marketing initiatives, promotions, and communications related to specific products, product lines, or product areas.
- Monitor product performance and compliance.
- May perform complex market research projects or participate as a team member on highly complex projects. Provide information to internal and/or external customers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
- 2+ years related experience in project management, product development support, project analyst, or similar role required
- Ability and willingness to take initiative to develop solutions for complex issues
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with high pressure deliverables; results-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of management and customers
- Ability to work effectively and exercise sound judgement in an ambiguous environment when tasks lack structure or certainty; ability to work in a changing environment
- Familiarization with mulitfamily housing products and/or capital markets executions, a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55875