Fannie Mae Careers
Governance Analyst III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The Governance Analyst III is responsible for leveraging expert level knowledge of the business, complex processes, and regulations in support of the effective implementation of the organization's governance, risk, and compliance programs. May recommend or implement procedures or business processes that are compliant with legal and regulatory directives and corporate mandates.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Utilizes broad expertise and specialized knowledge to lead and execute project management assignments related to policy and procedure development, compliance testing, process analyses, gap identification, and remediation.
- Develops and manages the implementation of operational and governance requirement for key control activities to ensure compliance with regulatory, legal, corporate, and business unit policies and procedures.
- Develops procedures and business processes that meet corporate standards and instruct business personnel in their use. Track compliance, evaluate results, and present best practice solutions to any issues that are identified.
- Evaluates new policies and procedures for operational and control impacts and governance, risk and compliance standards. May develop risk and operational reporting.
- Conducts risk and operational reviews and prepares analyses for complex projects often requiring an understanding of financial and market metrics. May present findings to Senior Management.
- Lead ad hoc projects and develop and implement corporate wide or business unit governance, risk, or compliance programs and initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
- Prior experience working on large-scale change initiative to provide design leadership in large or complex development projects involving applications development, migrations, and additions to existing applications.
- Highly successful in applying critical thinking and analytical skills to help management manage risk and solve problems (e.g., analyzing root cause of issues, impact to technology and required corrective actions) and assist Internal Controls Tech Managers /Directors in redesigning business processes and/or developing solutions for business partners.
- Extensive knowledge/experience in areas of Information Technology and/or Risk Management required. CISA or CISSP certification required. Mortgage Banking and/or previous Fannie Mae-specific experience is a plus.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55867