Fannie Mae Careers
Risk Policy Associate II
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Liaise between partner areas related to risk governance activities. Contribute to the identification of gaps in the existing- and development of new business processes. Draft and/or update risk policies/procedures and delegations. Provide support during the internal/external examinations and remediation of identified issues. Act as a project manager for cross-functional projects, including issue remediation and advisory bulletin gap analyses. Contribute to a development of communication program, inclusive of training on changes and updates to policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Liaise between partner areas on risk governance activities.
- Contribute to the identification of gaps in the existing- and development of new business processes within partner areas.
- Contribute to the drafting and/or updating of relevant policies and procedures; socializing policies with management across the company; field questions and concerns, ensure issue resolution, and communicate policy updates.
- Contribute to the impact assessment of regulatory changes/requirements (eg. Advisory Bulletins) on relevant policies and processes, identifying and remediating gaps and ensuring that relevant policies and procedures are appropriately updated and impacted parties are notified.
- Contribute to the process integrity efforts as related to policy exceptions, limit breach management, key business decisions, and corporate requirements.
- Contribute to the reporting of governance activities, including compliance with delegations of authority, Board and non-Board risk limit exception management, themes in issues, policy/product changes and exceptions; distribute reports to appropriate audiences and present at business meetings, as required
- Assist with the development and management of a communication program for the group, inclusive of training on changes or updates to policy/standards/procedures, methodology, and/or regulatory changes, via Brown Bags and other training forums. Communication will be both internal and external to the group.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
- Knowledge of Single Family, Capital Markets, and/or Multifamily businesses.
- Understanding of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework concepts to assist with assessing compliance (identifying and communicating areas of noncompliance) with ERM policies and standards across ERM business and functional risk and support functions.
- Understanding of the Operational Risk Management Program requirements to assist with assessing operational risk within ERM and supporting the execution of operational risk management program activities.
- Ability to collaborate with a team on the execution of defined activities; support development of reporting on the results of review activities.
- Ability to research and analyze information from various sources; to independently think, apply judgment, and propose thoughtful solutions to compliance issues.
- Strong communication and technical writing skills.
- Experience in consulting, internal/external auditing, or compliance/governance is desired.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55864