Fannie Mae Careers
Product Development Manager - Financial Services III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Operate with considerable latitude in performing highly complex duties related to developing new products or improving existing products for an assigned marketing initiative or customer group. Provide expertise in developing new concepts, techniques, and standards. Utilize wide-ranging experience to conduct research and problem-solving on highly significant matters. May operate in a lead role within the team.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead process of developing and defining business requirements for mortgage products. Partner with lenders and customers on new business strategies. Conduct research and analyses. Assess market needs and opportunities. Provide recommendations.
- Build the business justification for new initiatives. Operate in a lead capacity during product development. Define scope and track project management plans. Resolve issues. Manage timely and effective product delivery and deployment.
- Establish, maintain, and adhere to appropriate compliance and controls related to product development.
- Test products. Ensure that products and product enhancements yield expected business results.
- Manage lender and vendor implementations.
- Educate customers. Oversee development of product documentation, FAQs, reference materials for internal and external audiences, and customer training.
- Design and develop marketing initiatives, promotions, and communications related to specific products, product lines, or product areas.
- Provide ongoing marketing support to ensure competitiveness of existing products. Recommend enhancements.
- May perform complex market research projects or participate as a team member on projects at the highest level of complexity. Provide information to internal and/or external customers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
- Strong knowledge of or experience in mortgage lending or housing industry and neighborhood stabilization.
- Demonstrated ability to lead project or concept development from idea stage through execution.
- Excellent ability to communicate complex concepts in a simple yet relevant way.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to motivate, collaborate, and influence stakeholders at all levels across the organization and industry.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated professional judgment and ability to discern meaning from complex research and data.
- Strong ability to manage multiple complex projects requiring cross-functional collaboration with different business units.
- Strong test and learn focus with ability to take data and analysis and determine and execute best options for success.
- Ambitious and Self-starter.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55862