Fannie Mae Careers
Senior Risk Analytics Associate
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Use variety of analytical tools to develop value-at-risk models for the classes of assets or financial instruments the company owns or underwrites. Use risk assessment models such as scenario models or sensitivity analyses to measure and quantify risk as it pertains to different classes of assets. May apply advanced mathematical, statistical, or other financial analytical tools to develop more precise analyses or projections of the financial performance of different assets classes in different economic environments. May use advanced programming skills to test or validate models or to price or evaluate various derivative products.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Play lead role in unit in determining which analytical tools can be used to assess and quantify risk for specific product or assets.
- Determine applicability of varied statistical and mathematical tools to analyzing the risk of varied financial products, assets and transactions. Confer with less experienced staff and provide guidance.
- Conduct analysis or application of model on variety of products or assets, including larger or more complex mortgage backed securities or derivatives.
- Report results for more specialized or custom analyses or reports.
- Participate in periodic value-at-risk exercise in which unit's staff determines aggregate risk over a large range of assets for reporting to senior management.
- Track academic research in quantitative modeling used to measure risk for financial assets and their derivatives.
- Assess analytical tools currently in use in the unit and scan business and academic sources for alternatives; test these and suggest their use in the unit, if feasible.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience with counterparty risk management is big plus
- Capital Market experience, familiar with derivative (including TBA) trading and their counterparty credit risk evaluation, BASEL III is highly preferred
- Working experience with Machine Learning (ML) Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Programming experience using Python/R in AWS environment
- Data Analytics, Business Intelligence (BI) tool
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55857