Fannie Mae Careers
Real Estate Appraisal Manager
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Manage a team engaged in ordering and obtaining appraisals for REO or other assigned properties and determining accurate real estate property valuations. Hire, manage, train, develop, and evaluate staff. Develop, implement, document, and ensure adherence to policies, procedures, and practices. Participate in or lead special projects.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage daily team activities related to reviewing origination appraisals for due diligence and quality control. Coordinate with internal appraisal review teams as needed.
- Follow up to ensure delivery of reviews within designated timeframes and upload of appraisal documentation into the firm's database system. Troubleshoot cases as needed.
- Coordinate technology issues including computer usage efficiencies.
- Review, establish, and monitor appropriate controls. Identify opportunities to streamline. Propose and implement efficiencies to reduce costs.
- Support anti-fraud initiatives. Report unacceptable appraisals to State Appraiser Licensing Boards.
- Plan, review, and/or prepare reports for internal and external stakeholders. Represent the firm's in interactions and communication with the appraisal industry.
- Coordinate and administer assignments, monitor team progress, and maintain schedules.
- Develop team members and provide ongoing professional guidance and direction.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or a related field preferred
- 6+ years of related experience
- 6+ years’ experience in property appraising and/or real estate finance - preferably with an active license or certification.
- Deep knowledge of appraisal, appraisal review, and valuation methodologies
- 3 or more years of people management experience preferred. Demonstrated ability to manage and motivate employees.
- Must possess intellectual flexibility. Demonstrated ability to integrate new information and draw conclusions from it.
- Strong analytical and process management skills with a high degree of initiative.
- Demonstrated leadership ability; excellent verbal and written communication skills; and the ability to build collaborative relationships.
- Highly adaptable and comfortable with managing competing priorities; is receptive and open to change.
- Technologically savvy. Stays abreast of new trends and looks for ways to gain efficiencies, insights, and actionable intelligence from advances in technology.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55829