Fannie Mae Careers
Multifamily Loss Mitigation Specialist II
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Support the Multifamily Loss Mitigation business unit's asset management of loans with identified risk/default issues. Analyze and report on portfolio analytics to assess levels of risk within the multifamily loss mitigation loan portfolio. Communicate with internal and external parties on loss mitigation issues to ensure timely mitigation of risk concerns. Provide process improvement recommendations for the business unit. Participate in technical development projects to improve portfolio reporting and analysis.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform analytics and review pre-defaulted multifamily loans. Act as key point of contact for the Loss Mitigation staff in the management of risk/default issues.
- Support the development of reports and prepare related analysis for the Loss Mitigation staff. Focus is on identifying risk concerns at the individual or portfolio loan level. Adjust risk assessment priorities quarterly.
- Work closely with the Loss Mitigation staff to obtain and document all information required for assessing loans for possible impairment consistent with Fannie Mae standards, policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the development of business unit's objectives and approaches to assignments. Provide input to the data staff to improve existing technology systems and in the development of new Loss Mitigation technology initiatives.
- Engage with third party and loss mitigation staff to research and report on loan rating issues.
- Well-developed analytical competencies, systems understanding, and knowledge of fundamental multifamily loss mitigation business processes and metrics is essential to the role
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Excel to analyze large data sets; experience in other data reporting tools a plus
- Strong organizational capacity and ability to work independently; ability to multi-task is critical
- Knowledge of Multifamily Debt Asset Management, Loss Mitigation, and Risk Analysis not required but highly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented and collaborative manner
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55825