Fannie Mae Careers
Quantitative Analyst III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
A senior analyst who is focused on continued personal contribution. Has robust and deep subject matter expertise and highly developed technical capability. While not leaders in the sense of traditional people managers, they lead by example with their significant and boundary pushing solutions. Often tasked with some of the most difficult and complicated matters in their area. They will also be engaged in unsolicited research in order to mine risks or process advantages by contributing to tailored, self-developed or as a critical contributor to broader analytic offerings.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Interfaces effectively and collaboratively with business customers, other areas of the analytics division, and vendors to provide solutions for business problems.
- Is considered an expert in their area (both business and technical aspects) and can provide mentorship and guidance to others in as needed.
- Engages in day to day development of highly technical product.
- Often will be the sole engine for creative design, technical implementation, and user interfaces for their self-developed products, leveraging the capabilities of other support teams as needed.
- Contributes to the development of data products but is not the owner or primary developer. They are however heavy users of data products developed by team members.
- Responsible for compliance with all levels of governance and best practices in implementation and automation.
- Works with data both institutional and outside of the company, builds intuitive and meaningful reporting or analytic explorative items for personal or business consumption, is technically capable of full development cycle including continued automation and quality control best practices, and effectively champions their products to their desired customer base.
- Responsible for development of and maintenance of a research agenda in their supporting area.
- Identifies effect champions and stakeholders for their research and other work products to ensure addressing of business concerns.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills with the ability to conduct analysis independently to address complex business problems / issues.
- Ability to systematically apply statistical and/or logical techniques to describe and evaluate data, including data mining and time series analysis, and to design intuitive data visualizations and key business metrics using BI tools such as Tableau.
- Detail-oriented with an ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and the energy to take on a growing portfolio of responsibilities.
- Familiarity with programming languages and statistical analysis tool such as SAS, R, Python and strong database skills SQL/Oracle.
- Post-graduate level knowledge of statistics, economics, and finance and familiarity with financial and behavioral modeling in areas of capital markets and mortgage finance.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and inter-personal communication skills
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55810