Fannie Mae Careers
Director Quantitative Analytics
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Thought leader and strategist responsible for managing a team of statisticians and data analysts in executing on projects and initiatives supporting business units. This individual is an expert in data and analytical solutions, capable of both designing and developing innovative analytically intensive projects. Responsible for interaction and communication with various levels of business leadership and external customers.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Establishes and executes critical strategic and operational goals to generate business growth and effective risk management through data-driven insight and innovation.
- Interfaces strategically, effectively, and collaboratively with business customers, other areas of the division, vendors, and internal/external management to lead teams that provide solutions for business problems. Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Is considered an expert in their area (both business and technical aspects) and can provide mentorship and guidance to their team and other areas. Further, understands the role of their supporting business unit(s) and looks for opportunities across the company for cross-collaboration.
- Identifies new business processes built to realize value from analytic capabilities. Report to senior management on the unit's production, activities, and efforts.
- Supervises and manages staff responsible for focusing on tactical or operational activities within a specified area. Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Responsible for planning and overseeing diverse activities within functional unit including project planning and execution, aligning goals with institutional priorities, ensuring consistent training of staff, and certain administrative activities (budget and expense approval).
- Ensures staff compliance with best practices and governance.
- Manages conflict resolution between staff and business prioritization.
- Participates in performance management discussions, hiring, incentivizing and challenging staff through accountability to push into new technologies or analysis frameworks.
- Plan and manage the unit's budget. Approve expenditures or budget transfers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
- Experience with economic or regulatory capital frameworks, such as Basel
- Experience with advanced quantitative methods, such as regression.
- Ability to express complex quantitative matters simply, clearly, and concisely to executives and regulators
- Knowledge of at least one programming language, such as SAS, Java, R, etc.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55797