Fannie Mae Careers
Cloud Operations Engineer IV
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Under minimal supervision, provide operations support for office or business unit users of proprietary or custom application software in a 24/7/365 environment supporting Cloud Operations. Will be trained and required to follow Incident, Change and Problem standards. Individual will gain business and application knowledge through training and resolving Production incidents and inquiries. Provide support to customers or business unit users of proprietary or custom application software running in the cloud environment.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Position will require some work during non-traditional business hours to support large scale cloud platforms that support mission critical applications, take point on end to end support and smooth operations of Fannie Mae’s cloud based infrastructure, support change windows, incident response and resolution and other scheduled maintenance activities
- Work with application support members and cloud support vendors to identify a work-around if permanent solution cannot be reached in a timely manner. Provide a collaborative conduit between Fannie Mae application/support teams and the Cloud vendor support such as AWS, Azure etc.
- Cloud operations and infrastructure management - rehydration activities, IAM, security and compliance, availability, data protection, authentication and authorization, capacity and resource management, service metering and operational cost oversight, disaster recovery and mitigation. Build effective monitoring, alerts, and metrics for production services
- Work closely with Cloud Engineering team and other support staff to identify and resolve incidents and create and implement long term remediation techniques and fixes. Identify and document known issues and work with Cloud engineering partners and vendor support to address reoccurrence and the identified workaround activity.
- Provide production support or technical support to users of a customized or proprietary application. May act as lead.
- Confer with management of client groups using application(s) supported by group and assess uptime, productive use of application, and needs for further development or enhancements to make application more useful.
- Plan and conduct regular or periodic meetings of staff responsible for maintaining applications in production to assess issues or bugs and plan strategy for addressing them.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Broad knowledge of the AWS platform, AWS Certification required.
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes and container orchestration.
- Solid knowledge of AWS platform and its services - including but not limited to: AMIs, Route53, VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, AWS CLI, EBS, ELB, SQS, Cloud Watch, Cloudtrail.
- Hands on experience in AWS provisioning of systems, securing of VPC, implementation of Security Groups, Identity and Access Management, Backups, Restore and Disaster Recovery.
- System health monitoring and optimizing performance (CloudWatch, SolarWinds, Nagios, SumoLogic, Splunk).
- Administration of web servers running Apache, Tomcat, IIS, Nginx.
- Networking including DNS, certificate management, load balancing, firewalls and routing.
- Broad experience with software-defined and traditional networking.
- Strong understanding of Linux, including experience with server administration, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Broad experience with IaaS and PaaS.
- Broad experience building cloud infrastructure using infrastructure-as-code tools like AWS CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Exceptional problem solving
- Excellent communications and collaboration skills required to develop required security policies and share information with business and technology staff.
- Project management and implementation skills to implement new technologies as necessary.
- Must have previous operations experience in cloud environments
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to lead technical discussions between stakeholders.
- Excellent technical abilities which include the following: cloud methodologies like PaaS and SaaS; programming languages like Python; orchestration systems such as Chef; IaaS servers; PowerShell scripting; and, Splunk and AppD are preferred.
- Experience with APM technologies such as Dynatrace, App Dynamics, New Relic. Wire Data Analytics experience with tools such as Extrahop and other monitoring tools such as Catchpoint, Splunk, Moogsoft etc. is preferred.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55791