Fannie Mae Careers
Financial Reporting Functional Mgr
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Leads processes related to compiling, reviewing, and/or transmitting accurate financial results internally to the firm points of contact or externally to regulatory bodies (e.g., FHFA, SEC) for inclusion in board reports, news releases, and public financial reporting. Leads complex cross-functional projects requiring coordination of stakeholders across the Finance division. Develop, implement, document, and ensure adherence to practices and procedures.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Leads processes related to accounting, control, and financial reporting for responsible areas. Ensure that monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting is accurate, timely, and based upon internal and external reporting requirements.
- Plan, review, and/or support preparation of internal and external reports, journal entries, account reconciliations, tables, and schedules. Review, establish, and monitor financial controls.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and automate. Improve efficiencies to reduce costs. Improve efficiencies to reduce costs.
- Document accounting procedures. Complete necessary testing and remediation.
- Provide customer service by responding to inquiries and requests from internal and external customers. Advise senior management regarding business, internal programs, and activities as they relate to financial reporting matters.
- Support senior management and new business initiatives. Coordinate and administer assignments, monitor team progress, and maintain schedules.
- Leads complex cross-functional projects requiring coordination of stakeholders across the Finance division. Ensures alignment of senior stakeholders and timely execution of project deliverables.
- Acts as a subject matter expert to other departments, representing Financial Reporting department interests and providing functional expertise for projects and initiatives.
- Serves as a reviewer for the most complex documents, reports, and regulatory filings.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with SEC reporting, SEC filings, Investor Relations and accounting. Responsible for leading team in timely and accurate preparation of quarterly and annual Form 10K, 10Q and 8-K.
- Individual will own drafting of MD&A language, preparation and review of financial statement, footnotes and other disclosures in accordance with regulations.
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP and Regulation S-K and S-X, as well as Article 9
- CPA or CPA Candidate required. Big 4 or public CPA firm experience required
- Ability to be flexible, multitask, and re-prioritize work as the needs of the business change
- Ability to interact effectively throughout the organization, develop cooperative relationships, and collect information. Excellent writing skills a must.
- Ability to present findings/issues to senior management
- Demonstrated knowledge of the mortgage industry and Fannie Mae's business operations
- Detailed knowledge of Workiva products highly preferred
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55789