Fannie Mae Careers
Financial Economist II
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Apply advanced financial or economic analytical methods and models to such processes as valuation of assets, impact on pricing or risk under varying economic and regulatory scenarios. Use these tools to develop and quantify risk management strategies for mortgage-based assets or their derivatives. Assess prospective economic and regulatory capital requirements for portfolio assets under varying economic conditions. Develop, or provide guidance to the development of computer applications that perform or produce various pricing, capital requirements, risk management or hedging analyses.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop a deep understanding of Fannie Mae’s regulatory capital requirements and use that to forecast its impact on pricing as well as credit risk transfer.
- Support the future development and evolution of Conservator Capital Framework.
- Perform economic capital as well as regulatory capital analysis, and other financial analysis as needed by business unit management or senior management in order to support strategic, regulatory, or risk management decisions.
- Examine data from segment of housing market in order to perform economic analysis of purchase rates, effects of interest rates, prepayment risk, default risk, or other trends that could affect the products or services of assigned business unit(s).
- Examine particular products of assigned business unit and analyze using standard and some sophisticated econometric or quantitative models to assess risk, predict future trends, and determine the efficacy of current analytical standards or models.
- Contribute to the update and maintenance of loan default, prepayment and severity models for the update of business unit products in use in client sites for loan application, credit review, underwriting, and the like.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Deep understanding of economic and regulatory capital is required
- Expert in one or more of the following: SAS, R, Python, SQL, or other programming languages.
- Expert with data visualization platforms such as Tableau, R Shiny, and Excel.
- Deep subject matter knowledge in relevant industry concepts, including: Primary and Secondary mortgage markets, Capital Markets, Structured Finance, Credit Risk/Pricing Models and Valuation, Regulatory Frameworks (Basel, PMIERs, CCF, etc.).
- Knowledge of Finance, Economics, Fixed Income Mathematics, Probability, Statistical Analysis, and Financial Application Development.
- Familiarity with Bloomberg or Intex is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Math or other technical discipline, Masters preferred.
- Progress toward CFA a plus.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55778