Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Apply advanced financial or economic analytical methods and models to Credit Risk Transfer under varying economic scenarios. Use these tools to develop and quantify risk management strategies for mortgage-based assets or their derivatives. Assess prospective economic and regulatory capital requirements for portfolio assets under varying economic conditions. Develop, or provide guidance to the development of computer applications that perform or produce various pricing, capital requirements, risk management or hedging analyses.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyze and optimize structures for Credit Risk Transfer using Intex as a key supporting tool
- Use Fannie Mae’s proprietary econometric models along with structuring tools to estimate the economic value provided by various competing CRT structures
- Perform economic capital as well as regulatory capital analysis, and other financial analysis as needed by business unit management or senior management in order to support strategic, regulatory, or risk management decisions.
- Examine data from segment of housing market in order to perform economic analysis of purchase rates, effects of interest rates, prepayment risk, default risk, or other trends that could affect the products or services of assigned business unit(s).
- Understand the dynamics of mortgage industry along with best practices in capital markets and use them to propose alternative forms of credit risk transfer
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Proficiency in INTEXcalc as well as DealMaker is required
- Expert in one or more of the following: SAS, R, Python, SQL, or other programming languages.
- Expert with data visualization platforms such as Tableau, R Shiny, and Excel.
- Deep subject matter knowledge in relevant industry concepts, including: Primary and Secondary mortgage markets, Capital Markets, Structured Finance, Credit Risk/Pricing Models and Valuation, Regulatory Frameworks (Basel, PMIERs, CCF, etc.).
- Knowledge of Finance, Economics, Fixed Income Mathematics, Probability, Statistical Analysis, and Financial Application Development.
- Familiarity with Bloomberg (preferred).
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Math or other technical discipline, Masters preferred.
- Progress toward CFA a plus.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55777