Fannie Mae Careers
Financial Economist III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Apply advanced financial or economic analytical methods and models to such processes as valuation of assets, projection of pricing or risk under varying economic scenarios. Use these tools to develop and quantify risk management strategies for mortgage-based assets or their derivatives. Assess prospective economic and regulatory capital requirements for portfolio assets under varying economic conditions. Develop, or provide guidance to the development of computer applications that perform or produce various pricing, capital requirements, risk management or hedging analyses.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Examine data from segment of housing market in order to perform economic analysis of purchase rates, effects of interest rates, prepayment risk, default risk, or other trends that could affect the products or services of assigned business unit(s).
- Examine particular products of assigned business unit and analyze using standard and some sophisticated econometric or quantitative models to assess risk, predict future trends, and determine the efficacy of current analytical standards or models.
- Prepare or monitor periodic reports used to ensure accurate model fee reporting, compliance with the Credit Pricing Delegation and pricing model usage policies, and appropriate mapping of data for pricing purposes.
- Facilitate model updates by writing technical requirements for new or revised pricing methodologies, assessing impact of changes, and reviewing results. Validate user-defined configuration files used to model unique credit enhancement structures.
- Perform economic capital analysis, and other financial analysis when necessary, for review by business unit management, corporate risk management, or senior management in order to support strategic, regulatory, or risk management decisions.
- Lead team responsible for development of models to predict changing rent or property values that serve as inputs into credit pricing, economic capital, and loss forecasting models.
- Analyze empirical price, rental, fee and other financial data that are the basis for proprietary applications used by partners or counterparties in assessing risk, rating credit, or other functions.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Advanced proficiency in SAS and SQL programming languages, and basic competency with one or more other statistical packages (e.g. R, MATLAB, Stata, etc.)
- Experience with BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Spotfire, MicroStrategy, etc.)
- Big Data experience a plus (familiarity with Java, Python, MapReduce, and Hadoop technologies)
- Tenacious in finding solutions to business as well as technical challenges
- Conscientious attention to detail, accuracy, and efficiency in analytical work
- Adept at communicating complex analyses visually, orally, and in writing
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55775