Fannie Mae Careers
Product Development Manager - Affordable Housing
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit
Operate with considerable latitude in performing highly complex duties related to developing new products or improving existing products for an assigned marketing initiative or customer group. Provide expertise in developing new concepts, techniques, and standards. Utilize wide-ranging experience to conduct research and problem-solving on highly significant matters. May operate in a lead role within the team.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead process of developing and defining business requirements for mortgage products. Partner with lenders and customers on new business strategies. Conduct research and analyses. Assess market needs and opportunities. Provide recommendations.
- Build the business justification for new initiatives. Operate in a lead capacity during product development. Define scope and track project management plans. Resolve issues. Manage timely and effective product delivery and deployment.
- Establish, maintain, and adhere to appropriate compliance and controls related to product development.
- Test products. Ensure that products and product enhancements yield expected business results.
- Manage lender and vendor implementations.
- Educate customers. Oversee development of product documentation, FAQs, reference materials for internal and external audiences, and customer training.
- Design and develop marketing initiatives, promotions, and communications related to specific products, product lines, or product areas.
- Provide ongoing marketing support to ensure competitiveness of existing products. Recommend enhancements.
- May perform complex market research projects or participate as a team member on projects at the highest level of complexity. Provide information to internal and/or external customers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong knowledge of or experience in mortgage lending or affordable housing and neighborhood stabilization, with a willingness to take initiative to develop unique solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and/or experience working to create sustainable solutions for low and moderate income homebuyers preferred.
- Excellent ability to clearly and simply articulate complex concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to motivate, collaborate, and influence stakeholders at all levels across the organization and industry.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects requiring cross-functional collaboration with different business units.
- Ability to understand and incorporate larger corporate strategy into daily actions.
- Strong test and learn focus with ability to take data and analysis and determine and execute best options for success.
- Familiarity with shared equity programs.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55767