Fannie Mae Careers
Risk Policy Associate IV
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Assess, draft, and/or update corporate risk policies. Communicate these policies to pertinent business units and evaluate their compliance with the policies. Accumulate data indicating success of policies and degrees of compliance and report to senior management. May analyze corporate or industry wide practices in order to assess current policies and develop new policies consistent with best practice and current market conditions.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serve as point of contact with all levels of assigned business unit(s). Field questions and concerns, provide guidance and/or approvals, communicate policies and procedures, ensuring issue resolution.
- Take lead on drafting and maintaining policies and procedures, reporting metrics and or status. May require presentation to and sign-off from senior management.
- Lead efforts to develop and maintain policies/procedures.
- Lead the identification of control gaps in processes and consult on process optimization.
- Lead project management efforts related to remediation of issues identified by internal and external sources.
- Contribute to the process integrity efforts related to policy exceptions, limit breach management, and other corporate requirements.
- Develop both regular and ad hoc reports to monitor business unit trends, and analyze reports to identify key issues. Distribute reports to appropriate audiences, or summarize findings for inclusion in other reports/presentations.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience in providing training and giving presentations to senior management, and ability to adapt content for the audience.
- Experience in developing and implementing enterprise-level policies, standards, and procedures.
- Understanding of and experience related to best practices for enterprise transformation efforts (including change management of same).
- Demonstrated experience related to Governance, Risk, & Compliance programs and knowledge of best practices related to the same.
- Ability to work across the three lines of defense, and thoughtfully consider and incorporate stakeholder feedback, as appropriate.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55763