Fannie Mae Careers
Financial Economist I
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Apply advanced economic concepts and develop sophisticated analytical tools for the marketing of the Credit Risk Transfer (CRT) program, including Connecticut Avenue Securities (CAS) and Credit Insurance Risk Transfer (CIRT) transactions. CAS and CIRT are Fannie Mae’s flagship programs established to transfer credit risk to private capital. Contribute to the enhancement of Fannie Mae’s unique data analytics tool, Data Dynamics. Use analytical tools in conjunction with Fannie Mae’s mortgage loan datasets to produce innovative market research and presentation materials. Assess the implications of prospective macroeconomic and regulatory developments for the CRT programs. Engage with a wide range of both internal and external stakeholders to enhance the success of Fannie Mae’s CRT programs. Develop a strong understanding of the securitized markets and ensure that Fannie Mae’s CRT offerings remain competitive.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Coordinate the design and preparation of CRT marketing materials including presentations, talking points, and slide decks.
- Support and contribute to the enhancement of the Data Dynamics platform.
- Examine housing market data in order to perform economic analysis of purchase rates, effects of interest rates, prepayment risk, default risk, or other trends that could affect the products or services of assigned business unit(s).
- Develop a thorough understanding of CRT deal structure and mechanics in order to inform valuation analysis. Contribute to the enhancement of deal structure and execution.
- Engage with internal and external customers to enhance the understanding of the CRT programs and promote investor participation.
- Produce innovative analysis of mortgage market trends and products and contribute to market-facing thought leadership.
- May collaborate with the model development team to develop, in a test or laboratory environment, improvements to analytical models used in production mode.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 1+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Math or other technical discipline
- Advanced knowledge of one (or more) of the following: SAS, SQL, R, or other data analysis tools
- Advanced knowledge of Tableau or other BI tool
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Knowledge of one or more of:
- Mortgage credit analysis and modeling
- Primary/secondary mortgage markets
- MBS securities and markets
- Structured products
- Progress toward a CFA preferred
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55758