Fannie Mae Careers
Application Support Analyst IV
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Provide support to office or business unit users of proprietary or custom application software. Answer technical questions, troubleshoot problems, and guide users to gain productive use of software. May extract data, format and run reports, or perform specific analytical functions using application. May have substantial subject matter knowledge of business unit discipline. Includes both staff in corporate facility supporting use of business-specific applications to corporate staff, or staff providing product support to customers using proprietary software.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide production support or technical support to users of a customized or proprietary application. May act as lead.
- Allocate work to staff, plan, communicate, evaluate and manage performance by staff. Assess needs for technical development of staff and provide formal or informal training opportunities to staff.
- Confer with management of client groups using application(s) supported by group and assess uptime, productive use of application, and needs for further development or enhancements to make application more useful.
- Plan and conduct regular or periodic meetings of staff responsible for maintaining applications in production to assess issues or bugs and plan strategy for addressing them.
- Plan, contribute to, or conduct projects for testing software enhancement, developing requirements for system enhancement, revision or development of application, or related projects.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- 6+ years of working experience with different IT Infrastructure components such as Unix/Linux servers, Wintel servers, networks, firewalls, routers, load balancers, VPN, Apache, Web Logic, LDAP, Oracle/MS SQL databases, SAN, Virtualization, Email Systems, Enterprise Monitoring and Access Management solutions for single sign on
- Subject matter expertise is not required and experience with at least five of the above is preferred
- 6+ years of experience as Incident Manager handling incidents, changes and problems in a 24/7 production environment
- 6+ years of experience with IT Infrastructure and applications is required
- Experience and confidence working with all levels of management, acting as the liaison and central point of contact for production issues
- Ability to occasional work on nights and weekends if and when major incidents occur
- Hands on experience with Service Now or other ticketing tool is required
- Excellent verbal and written skills
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55753