Fannie Mae Careers
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Manage the daily activities of the team, whose staff identify, measure, and monitor assigned business units' complex processes and procedures. Recommend or implement procedures or business processes that are compliant with legal and regulatory directives, corporate mandates, and instruct managers in their use. May conduct operational/process reviews and analyses and report findings to responsible corporate management. May recommend changes to business processes or policies.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with management of business units to understand operational processes and identify likely risks. Coordinate and administer assignments, perform analyses and understand key drivers of performance (e.g. volumes, timelines, peak anomalies, etc.).
- Effectively communicate performance to unit leaders, and implement assessment processes that identify gaps, risks and disconnects and lead process reengineering efforts with the business units. Measure control design and effectiveness.
- Ensure business unit compliance with all legal and regulatory directives as well as internal corporate mandates and applicable training.
- Establish standards and a methodology for staff to use in assessing, measuring, and reporting business problems. Assign and prioritize work to staff according to business drivers and regulatory requirements.
- Manage reporting & communications to senior management on the unit’s production, activities and efforts.
- Provide expertise and be a resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Provide expert advice and interpretation of corporate governance activities including, policies, procedures and delegations of authority. May develop appropriate methods for maintaining employee awareness of the program and policies pertaining to the business.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for processional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Work to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment while ensuring quality of work.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- Seek and recognize trends in data through self-directed hypothesis testing and analysis by becoming a data and subject matter expert within the supported departments
- Demonstrated proficiencies in analytical tool kits such as Tableau or Excel
- Demonstrated proficiencies in drafting business analysis requirements for reporting teams, drafting of policy & procedures, development of Risk Control Self Assessments and development of training programs
- Ability to work within a Continuous Improvement environment leveraging tools such as Confluence
- Demonstrated proficiency in corporate presentations to large audiences and executive leadership
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55750