Fannie Mae Careers
Loan Operations Specialist III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Manage and monitor loan and MBS pool transactions, including overseeing customer (lenders, servicers, and internal partners) performance, to ensure data accuracy, adherence to guidelines and mitigation of operational and financial risk. Provide expertise in developing new concepts, techniques, and standards. Conduct research and problem-solving on complex issues. May guide and direct the work of team members and provide training to staff.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform complex reporting, remitting, and reconciling activities related to the funding and delivery of whole loans and securitization of mortgage backed securities (MBS) and monthly servicing activities. Analyze data, research issues and exceptions, and make appropriate changes. Ensure adherence to internal controls and regulatory standards.
- Review operational performance in areas such as monthly servicing, delivery accuracy, custodial account management, cash management, reporting, remitting, and lender compliance. Report results and concerns to management. Ensure disclosures are accurate.
- Conduct in-depth root cause analyses of customer problems and issues. Propose solutions. Facilitate implementation.
- Manage special and negotiated deals, high volume deals, and new lender deliveries for assigned lenders. Devise effective solutions on highly significant matters.
- Build internal and external customer relationships. Support customer training activities in partnership with other staff and internal partners.
- Monitor, and update workflow processes. Ensure processes respond to operational risk and control objectives, process improvement goals, and achievement of business goals.
- Support the technology group by testing system enhancements prior to release.
- May perform highly complex projects or participate as a team member on projects at the highest level of complexity.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Manage and monitor customer (lenders, servicers, and other partners) performance with the goal of safeguarding corporate assets and mitigating operations and financial risk. Provide expertise to customers in developing new concepts, techniques, and standards. Conduct research and problem-solving on complex issues.
- Consult with customers regarding performance in areas such as servicing, investor reporting, delivery accuracy, custodial account management, document control, reporting, loss mitigation, and lender compliance. Assist customers in complying with guidelines and servicing and selling requirements. Ensure that disclosures are accurate.
- Manage complex reporting, re-pricing, remitting, and reconciling activities. Analyze data, research issues and exceptions, and make appropriate changes.
- Implement quality control measures. Conduct in-depth root cause analyses of customer problems and issues. Propose solutions. Facilitate implementation.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55746