Fannie Mae Careers
Capital Management Lead
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Ensures efficient and appropriate management of our capital by developing and overseeing various capital management processes across multiple lines of business. Develops processes and methods that enable accurate and timely calculation, evaluation, and reporting of regulatory capital data. Interprets new regulatory policies and guidance and advises lines of business of potential implications; act as point of contact to resolve regulatory capital rule interpretation questions.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Coordinates with Finance, Risk and Legal teams to drive streamlined processes, reduce redundancy, and increase the accuracy and timeliness of capital calculations and reporting. Interprets new regulatory policies and guidance and oversees or supports implementation of related process, system or model changes.
- Collects and analyzes financial data from a variety of sources to complete Federal Reserve templates, regulatory filings and external disclosures, and supporting documentation. Manages attestation process, including reviews, approvals, and formal challenge processes. Remediates internal and external review findings.
- Develops and oversees various capital management processes across multiple lines of business by preparing capital forecasts for the purposes of capital adequacy assessments, recovery planning, resolution/recovery planning, etc. Delivers meaningful insights to drive business decisions.
- Reviews potential business transactions and complex structures to advise lines of business on regulatory capital implications; resolves ad-hoc capital rule interpretation questions.
- Report key updates and issues pertaining to regulatory capital models to senior management and stakeholders on a regular basis; produces periodic Board reports and communications.
- Manages the implementation and maintenance of appropriate systems, policies, procedures and documentation to comply with regulatory and internal requirements. Supports internal control and audit testing as needed.
- Contribute to discussions with regulatory agencies and other GSE?s to influence strategic direction of the function and establish specific methodologies and models. Ensures timely and robust feedback to federal agencies on new regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience leading capital-related processes and analyses including regulatory reporting
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; driven to communicate quantitative information efficiently
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to drive complex projects across multiple lines of businesses or functional groups
- Ability to succinctly advise stakeholders of risks, challenges and potential solutions
- Must have experience communicating with executives and collaborating cross functionally with different Business Units
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55736