Fannie Mae Careers
Sr. Consultant - Strategy and Analysis
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Operate with considerable latitude while cross-functionally engaging project teams and stakeholders in order to advance a portfolio of Enterprise projects/programs including major corporate strategic initiatives. Identify and resolve project interdependencies, and related execution issues/risks, in order to achieve Enterprise program management/governance goals and objectives. Provide value-added expertise in developing new concepts, techniques, and standards across multiple business units and initiatives. Make recommendations and develop solutions for stakeholders on program management and planning to ensure proper planning and timely implementation of projects. Position requires strong judgment and influencing, communication and negotiating skills. Operate cross-functionally at all levels within the organization. Candidate functions in a lead role by providing project planning, alignment, execution, governance, and guidance to colleagues/clients in area(s) of expertise.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Apply a strong bias for execution and the ability to translate strategy into action, in managing the operational aspects of the Enterprise program which includes multiple ongoing projects in support of multiple major, corporate strategic initiatives. Coordinate with key internal and external partners, ensuring all parties are appropriately informed, engaged and driving desired results in support of Fannie Mae projects.
- Develop methods to monitor progress of multiple projects across business units and initiatives. Provide analytical support in synthesizing and reporting results.
- Use strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Understand multiple concepts and data sets then turn data into insightful/meaningful output, consumable by senior and executive leadership. Use solid problem-solving skills to transform ideas into action. Understand stakeholder needs, formulate solutions then present findings effectively.
- Proactively identify and resolve time sensitive project risks, issues, interdependencies, and conflicts, both within and across business units and initiatives and coordinate implementation. Effectively build relationships and influence people to get things done even when direct authority does not exist.
- Identify process gaps or design new processes then training junior staff to execute processes.
- Ensure stakeholders find value and understand procedures and practices and have the tools to comply.
- Apply highly organized skills to quickly adjust priorities and work in a complex environment. Proactively self-start, absorb information quickly, multi-task, and independently execute work from start to finish
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Ability to organically offer perspectives and insights.
- Understand stakeholder needs, formulate solutions then present findings effectively. Active listening skills and ability to deliver high-quality, impactful verbal and written presentation and communications. Aptitude for paying close attention to details.
- Solid problem-solving skills. Ability to frame and articulate concepts, thoughts, approaches and ideas into storyboards, visual graphics and layouts that resonate at the executive level.
- Capacity to build strong relationships and achieve results through demonstrating strong interpersonal skills that help drive, inspire and influence collaboration.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and perform in a high-pressure environment, with excellent organizational, time management, and project management skills.
- Proactively self-start, absorb information quickly, multi-task and independently execute work from start to finish.
- Experience with executive reporting a must. Technology experience preferred.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55727