Fannie Mae Careers
Mortgage Fraud Investigator III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Apply comprehensive knowledge of mortgage fraud schemes. Operate with considerable latitude to substantiate suspicion of fraud relating to single or multifamily originations, servicing or REO, and other frauds involving Fannie Mae financial instruments. Perform highly complex duties related to planning, conducting, and documenting inquiries into allegations of mortgage fraud. Reconcile fraud risk or recommend investigation. Utilize wide-ranging experience to conduct research and problem-solving on highly significant matters. Prepare and review complex reports.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assess complex allegations of mortgage fraud, including fraud related to the origination, processing and underwriting of loans, and sale and servicing of a loan or REO property. Investigations may relate to single family or multifamily properties.
- Resolve conflicts between allegations and facts. Analyze and evaluate investigative progress to reassess priorities, leads, and direction based on predetermined goals and objectives. Assess and discern patterns in mortgage fraud referrals.
- Prepare investigative reports and statistical data in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Design, develop, and maintain processes to track, monitor, and report activities. Evaluate results. Present insights and best practices.
- May perform highly complex projects or participate as a team member on projects at the highest level of complexity.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with at least 2 of the following fraud scheme types: Origination, Servicing, REO, Multifamily
- Investigative experience working a continual pipeline of investigations within required timeframes
- Ability to identify fraud risks and link parties from various sources including data reports, loan documentation, servicing documentation, external reports, public record data, and other data sources
- Skilled in writing conclusive reports and summations
- Ability to communicate and present to all levels of management, including executive leadership
- Must be an abstract thinker
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55699