Fannie Mae Careers
Product Owner III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The Product Owner (PO) is the member of the team responsible for defining and prioritizing the product backlog, so as to streamline the execution of program priorities, while maintaining conceptual and technical integrity of the features or components that the team is responsible for. For the features and stories in the backlog, PO defines measurable customer focused objectives.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Establishes product vision and strategy for high complexity products and/or multiple products. This includes product vision, benefits, capabilities, value metrics, competitive landscape, current state landscape.
- Partners with Business and Enterprise Architecture on definition of target architecture for product and ensures alignment while executing product roadmap. Drives discovery of product capabilities
- Continually educates product team members on business process and customer value of product capabilities.
- Leads multiple product owners and product analysts. Multiple products or single highly complex product with multiple capabilities
- Works with key stakeholders to define product roadmap, high level prioritization, product value metrics. Leads stakeholder collaboration to make execution trade-off decisions (e.g., achievement of target architecture vs. business value vs. infrastructure complexity). Leads continuous stakeholder engagement for the product team to understand needs, define epics and features, and gain feedback on design and working software.
- Manages product roadmap dependencies across products
- Establishes target product value metrics and tracks them throughout the lifecycle of the product. Communicates product vision, capabilities and value to various audiences. Reports on product metrics, roadmap, and financials to tribe leads and governing bodies (PEO, EPMO)
- Partners with SIM on insights gathering strategies, customer research and testing strategies, design thinking strategies, and marketing strategies. Communicates product release roadmaps and pilots to SIM.
- May be responsible for product resource level financial plan and oversight. Establishes and manages product roadmaps. Establishes and gains executive approval for product business cases and manages business cases thereafter. Leads first time and annual funding approval process for products
- Makes product prioritization decisions. Leads discovery efforts for major capabilities, engaging external and internal stakeholders and product teams. Owns product backlog
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- Guide team in product development to ensure timely, cost-effective, and efficient delivery. Build consensus. Monitor progress and results. Provide findings on significant matters.
- Oversee adherence to compliance and controls related to product development.
- Manage lender and vendor implementations. Coordinate activities to deliver products to market.
- Solicit customer feedback. Respond to product-related internal and external queries.
- Coordinate and develop marketing initiatives, promotions, and communications related to specific products, product lines, or product areas
- Develop and sustain key relationships.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to vet product ideas and influence decision making on product enhancements
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55692