Fannie Mae Careers
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Category Manager will be part of a small team managing $5 billion in annual spend, highly concentrated in categories such as professional services, real estate asset management, IT and telecommunications, among others. The Category Manager is expected to implement a systematic process for Strategic Sourcing and Category Management in order to drive lowest total cost of ownership while ensuring required service levels are met or exceeded. Takes primary accountability for delivering results and procurement value delivery and leading the Strategic Sourcing process for specified categories.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop and implement category strategies for managed categories consistent with overall procurement and business objectives.
- Communicate category strategy, objectives and performance targets within the management team and business stakeholders, and ensure that objectives are met
- Act as a subject matter expert for users company-wide for categories in scope.
- Review entire portfolio of spend within scope to identify strategic sourcing opportunities
- Prioritize and manage all strategic sourcing initiatives for managed categories, coordinate efforts with support functions and provide direction to sourcing specialists
- Execute comprehensive strategic sourcing and category management process, including RFX, negotiations, and contracting to operationalize supplier agreements. Drive cost reduction and demand management initiatives within assigned categories
- Develop market intelligence on supply base, emerging trends, innovation driven changes, etc... on assigned categories. Identify opportunities resulting from new product/service offerings and/or market shifts
- Monitor category performance and take corrective action when required. Utilize SRM risk management process as part of sourcing and category management methodology
- Work with the SRM team to anticipate, monitor and manage supply/risk. Contribute to the improvement of existing processes for category management and strategic sourcing.
- Provide input for staff development including, but not limited to, competency evaluations, development plans, mentoring and coaching.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Previous experience as a Category Manager for Professional Services, including IT Delivery services and IT outsourcing, is highly desired.
- MBA is preferred.
- Experience in Strategic Sourcing methodology and Category Management.
- Deep and demonstrated knowledge in category assessment, strategy development and implementation, including experience developing and executing formal Category Plans.
- Deep understanding of IT Delivery industry, suppliers and services.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55678