Fannie Mae Careers
Legal Training and Compliance Analyst
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
As a member of the Legal Operations group, this position will support the compliance and technology training for the Legal Department on internal requirements and deliverables related to business resiliency, records management, operational incidents, policies and procedures, and delegations using knowledge of corporate administrative procedures. This position will also be responsible for identifying, implementing, and sustaining the strategy for communicating information within the Legal Department, as well as providing orientation for new Legal employees on resources and technology. S/He will also operate with considerable latitude in providing value-added expertise in developing new concepts, techniques, and standards, as well as provide backup assistance to other members of the group.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide technology training support on the tools used by the Legal Department staff.
- Manage the compliance of the Legal Department in responding to requests for information from internal business clients in a timely manner.
- Manage relationships with internal departments, including business resiliency and delegation, by attending regular meetings and communicating changes or requirements.
- Coordinate and draft significant communication for the department.
- Direct the compliance of Legal Department on company policies and procedures.
- Work with the Technology group to plan and direct efforts to understand business processes in the Legal Department and communicate them to the staff on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with colleagues in improving internal administrative processes.
- Report to Legal Department and others on his/her production, activities and efforts.
- Perform special projects and responsibilities assigned by the Head of Legal Operations.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- Demonstrated ability to provide training and organize training resources, both internal and external.
- Demonstrated ability with learning and executing Fannie Mae policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously, inclusive of the ability to articulate strategy, frame and interpret issues, apply influencing skills for positive change where needed, act with integrity, and execute tactically.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Experience reviewing and/or developing business and administrative processes and technology solutions.
- Demonstrated ability with software applications, including Excel and SharePoint, and the ability to quickly understand and communicate technical concepts to others.
- Attention to detail and discretion are required as well as good judgment and sense of urgency.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55666