Fannie Mae Careers
Director Enterprise Program Management
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Coordinate strategy execution and cross-functionally engage project teams and stakeholders in order to advance a portfolio of Enterprise projects/programs including major corporate strategic initiatives. In conjunction with senior management, proactively identify project interdependencies across initiatives and business units and manage and influence issue resolution. Advise on, make recommendations and develop solutions for stakeholders on issue execution to ensure timely implementation of initiative. Articulate goals, allocate resources, and manage workflow. Position requires strong judgment and influencing, communication and negotiating skills. Operate cross-functionally at all levels of the organization.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Apply a strong bias for execution and the ability to translate strategy into action in overseeing and managing the operational aspects of the Enterprise program which includes multiple ongoing projects in support of major, corporate strategic initiatives.
- Serve as central coordinating body between internal and external partners, using strong negotiation, relationship management and communication skills to ensure parties are appropriately informed, engaged and driving desired results in support of strategic initiatives
- Identify project interdependencies and ensure stakeholders understand and operate with these interdependencies in mind. Review project status and ensure progress is in line with overall program goals. Develop and manage planning across initiatives
- Assess time sensitive project issues, develop solutions, and coordinate the implementation of those resolutions in order to meet overall program productivity, quality, and client satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Perform intervention, conflict management and problem-solving with project managers, management teams across the business, internal and external partners, and other stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Develop mechanisms to monitor progress of multiple projects across-initiatives and ensure alignment with overall program goals.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and documentation of common procedures that can be applied cross-functionally, ensuring adherence to corporate and business unit standards and procedures.
- Report to senior management on the operating plan program's integration and dependency plan production, activities, and efforts.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- May plan and manage the unit's budget. Approve expenditures or budget transfers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
- Collaborate with executive sponsors to develop program business case including scope, execution plan, resource plan, and financial plan.
- Manage program execution, collaborating with change delivery teams, stakeholders and program sponsor.
- Define and manage program risks, issues, actions, and decisions.
- Manage program financials, execute monthly financial process – forecast, actuals and variance analysis.
- Execute monthly program reporting to provide transparency on program progress, status, financials, and key risks and issues.
- Lead engagement with enterprise governance functions for program delivery.
- Demonstrated experience leading implementation of large, technology efforts for financial services firms using Agile and Lean methods.
- Lead problem solving sessions.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in delivery of enterprise technology and digital solutions.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55654