Fannie Mae Careers
Software Engineer in Test
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Our Capital Markets team in Herndon, VA is looking for a Software Engineer in Testing to work on one of Fannie Mae’s most critical MBS applications. You will plan and conduct application automation and testing of systems. Applies expertise in programming to build and evolve test frameworks and methodologies to support quality and reliability of our systems.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work closely with engineering and product team to design and develop automated test methodologies under the direction of more senior staff.
- As part of a development team, contributes to the *writing* of actionable, testable product requirements in the form of user stories
- Applies coding expertise to develop and maintain test tools and frameworks to validate unit, integration and functional tests of the system.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required.
- 1+ years of related experience.
- Proficiency in implementing test automation for Web, SOA/WS, DW/ETL, JAVA enterprise applications.
- Experience with Agile software development models.
- Proficiency in automation tools: Selenium, Rest-Assured.
- Proficiency in test frameworks: Cucumber and Junit.
- Experience with build tools: Crucible, Maven, and Jenkins.
- Strong UNIX and Windows skills.
- Experience with project management tools: JIRA.
- Strong SQL skills in Oracle.
- Experience in applying ATDD/BDD, and TDD.
- Additional build tools experience with Sonar, Nexus and SVN would be a plus.
- Knowledge of Mockito test framework.
- Self-motivated with a passion for learning.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55649