Fannie Mae Careers
Project Manager II
Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Responsible for leading technical projects in Single Family Analytics under limited supervision, handling the various technical and business aspects of the project including but not limited to project planning, stakeholder co-ordination, scope definition, creating the work breakdown structure for the project, project schedule, following up on various tasks and performing overall co-ordination of the project to see it through completion. May provide technical oversight to some staff and track attainment of project milestones. Report on progress to project owners/stakeholders.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead technical implementations from start to finish with minimum oversight, understand technical aspects of a project to articulate to different Technology groups.
- Supporting complex business and technology projects, work on infrastructure build outs, discuss with Architects business and technology groups for potential solutions.
- Lead projects following Waterfall or Agile Methodology.
- Collaborates with team; shares relevant information with those who may be affected by decisions. Participates in formal or informal group problem solving for immediate issues.
- Deals with somewhat complex problems that must be broken down into manageable pieces.
- Sees relationships between problem components and prioritizes them. Utilizes knowledge, experience and available resources to find solutions. May participate in development of improvements and help implement change.
- Identify need for technical assistance to help in problem resolution. Escalate problems as required.
- Take ownership and independently work as a PM on a SDLC release for a new or existing process/system (basic to intermediate projects).
- Responsibilities may include participating in all the activities outlined below and leading some of the activities: project planning, coordinating dates, deliverables, negotiating deadlines, interacting with Development COE on approvals and also interacting with various governance groups within Fannie Mae, interacting with development team and following up on various testing activities.
- May escalate issues to senior management or attempt to address some issues independently.
- Manage SDLC/Agile documentation.
- Interact with Technology and Business governance groups such as Legal, PQO, InfoSec, etc. being able to report and identify issues, risks to different management levels of stakeholders.
- Provide basic support to ongoing production processes and triaging the problems if any occur. Determine the right course of action and involve the right people from within Single Family Analytics or outside to get the issue resolved.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent technical degree preferred
- PMP certification preferred
- Agile Scrum certification preferred
- Scrum master experience
- MS Project Plan including MS Office Suite (Excel, Visio, Word, Power Point)
- JIRA and Confluence knowledge
- Big Data knowledge preferred (AWS knowledge)
- 4 – 7 years of project management experience preferred
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55648