Fannie Mae Careers
Lead ETL Engineer
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Our Loan Accounting Technology team is hiring a Technical Lead who will oversee/lead ETL development efforts in an Agile environment. You’ll be responsible for architecting solutions, solving complex issues with performance and scalability, while leveraging tools like Informatica and Cloud products. In addition, this Technical Lead will also be responsible for mentoring, growing, and assisting other developers.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
· Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects.
· Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
· Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
· Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
· Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
· Mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
· Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
· Set up and configure a continuous integration environment.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
· 8+ years of experience with the design, development, implementation and management of highly reliable, scalable ETL solutions.
· Experience serving as a Technical Lead, Team Lead or Architect
· Experience and desire to evangelize ETL technologies, solutions, and best practices developed with the organization
· Strong knowledge of database systems principles/design, data construction and integration of applications systems
· Experience utilizing an Oracle 11g database environment
· Experience with UNIX, Unix Shell Scripting, and Informatica Workflow Performance Tuning
· Very strong SQL and PL/SQL skills required
· Experience with Agile Scrum and proficient in CI/CD tools and processes – SVN, Git, Docker, Jenkins, etc.
· Excellent stakeholder management and engagement abilities
· Experience or exposure to building and deploying applications in AWS (EC2, S3, Redshift, ELB, Lambda, PostgreSQL etc.) is a bonus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55635